Art | Stillness | Sea – creative mindfulness on Worthing Beach
Art | Stillness | Sea
A creative mindfulness workshop on Worthing Beach – Saturday 17 June at 10.30am
This 2.5 hours workshop features a mindfulness session by Kalm Horizons which combines wave meditation, simple breathwork, aromatherapy, visualisation, sound therapy and guided self-massage to help people gain more clarity and perspective, soothe stress and connect with nature. This is followed by an interactive and practical creative mindfulness session with local artist, Amanda Beck. At the end you will enjoy tea and cake.
*If the weather is unfavourable, we have the option of taking the session indoors*
7 in stock
Embrace the therapeutic, healing benefits of the ocean with this creative mindfulness workshop on Worthing Beach. Spend an hour calming the mind and connecting with the sea with a wave meditation led by Kalm Horizons that features mindfulness, aromatherapy and Tibetan singing bowls. This is followed by an hour of creative art exploration on the beach with Amanda Beck.
Creative Mindfulness with Amanda Beck
This workshop takes place on the beautiful beach in Worthing. This will be the inspiration for some simple sketching exercises to relax the mind and free up your creativity. No drawing skills are necessary as you’ll be guided through each stage with clear demonstrations from the tutor. No previous art experience or skills are necessary and this is workshop is suitable for all.
Here is a brief outline of what to expect:
- Creative Play and Focus on Materials – Introduction and warm up exercises
- Engaging the senses to enhance the creative process
- The power of water – a beautiful exercise with watercolour pencils and materials which link into Kalm Horizon’s wave meditation
- Creating your own Kalm Horizon – We will finish with a demonstration of how to use colours and mark making to create your own watercolour painting
- Creating a positive affirmation inspired by your Kalm Horizon Painting.This will be a wonderful take away to pin on the wall and look at in your home or office bringing you back to the beach when life gets stressful
All materials are included.
No previous experience necessary.
The workshop concludes with tea and cake.